How do I Request My Credit Report by Mail?
Consumers need credit reports to meet their needs. If they can request for these reports online, it is very helpful to them. AnnualCreditReport.com, the three nationwide consumer credit reporting companies working together offers the service that takes the consumers’request and reviews their credit reports regularly. AnnualCreditReport.com provides secured way to request, view and print credit reports in a very quick way and is very convenient. One need to register at annualcreditreport.com and the registration process is very simple and needs to provide basic information and social security number.
One can also request your annual credit report by phone or by mail and for that one has to download the request form from the website, print it and fill it up. The completely filled form is to be sent to the address specified at the website.You will get the reports within time period of two weeks delivered to your address. To get the credit reports, users do not require giving credit card numbers but some of the agencies require an account to be established.
AnnualCreditReport.com is a well-known website that provides of upto three free credit reports per yearto the American consumers. It is jointly operated by the three U.S. credit reporting agencies, Equifax, Experian, and Trans Unionand is a centralized service in the United States that allows consumers to request free annual credit reports. It is very secure to request for the credit cards and one can get free credit reports every year from each of the three consumer credit reporting companies.The mechanism is so powerful that any inaccuracies or signs of identity theft may be worked out. It works according to the laws of Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA).
Steps to Request Your Credit Report by Mail
- You must have a computer with internet access.
- You must have an Adobe viewer to view the request form.
- Visit the official website www.annualcreditreport.com
- Go on the “request your report through the mail”.
- On the next page displayed, visit the link “request from” to download the form.
- Print the form and fill it up.
- Mail the completed form at the specified address.
- For any questions, refer to the FAQs at https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/helpfaq